Margie is the Queen of Novelty Cakes and internationally renowned cake decorator with over 30 years’ experience in making, decorating and sculpting cakes. Margie co-founded Planet Cakes in Australia and after 7 years of running a very successful boutique cake store, they decided to sell the business in 2003. She continued to assist the new owners of Planet Cakes up until 2011 as artistic director and cake sculpting specialist. She also appeared in the Planet Cake TV show.
Margie has been the creative inspiration behind several worldwide bestselling books and had designed cakes for celebrities and royalty. When not in her studio painting, she now works freelance as a decorator and teacher for various cake decorating schools, sharing her knowledge with the cake decorators around Australia and beyond
- Margie will teach you the complex internal framework to create a free-standing cake sculpture.
- Cake carving and sculpting
- Using modelling chocolate
- Using armature wire to shape your design
- Covering with fondant
- Finishing details to bring your Elephant to life
What to bring:
- The tools and equipment are supplied for this course. However we know as decorators we sometimes like to work with our own tools! If this is the case and you would like to bring your own tool kit please ensure it is clearly marked for identification
- A note pad and pen to ensure you catch all of Margie’s hints, tips and vast knowledge
- An apron if you prefer to wear one
- Tea, coffee, water and a light Lunch is provided on both days.
- Soft drinks will be available for purchase. (please let us know if you have a specific dietary requirements)
- Open to all students who have completed our Foundation Beginners Module 1 course or equivalent
- This is a full 2 day workshop
- Saturday (20th July), 9am to 5pm
- Sunday (21st July), times to be determined based on how the class is progressing
- All workshops are run from our Balcatta training centre so please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class
- $750 (including GST) per person
- 50% deposit is required with remaining balance to be paid 20th May 2019. Please call the shop to secure your place
Workshop policy details can be found here