Margie is the Queen of Novelty Cakes and internationally renowned cake decorator with over 30 years’ experience in making, decorating and sculpting cakes. Margie co-founded Planet Cakes in Australia and after 7 years of running a very successful boutique cake store, they decided to sell the business in 2003. She continues to assist the new owners of Planet Cakes up until 2011 as artistic director and cake sculpting specialist. She also appeared in the Planet Cake TV show.
Margie has been the creative inspiration behind several worldwide bestselling books and had designed cakes for celebrities and royalty. When not in her studio painting, she now works freelance as a decorator and teacher for various cake decorating schools, sharing her knowledge with the cake decorators around Australia and beyond
* Margie will teach you the complex internal framework to create a free-standing cake sculpture.
* Cake carving and sculpting
* Using modelling chocolate
* Using armature wire to shape your design
* Covering with fondant
* Attaching the wings
* Adding decorative dragon features
* Using an Airbrush to bring your Dragon to life
Margie’s 3D Dragon is open to all Students who have completed our Foundation Beginners Module 1 course or equivalent
What to Bring:
* The tools and equipment are supplied for this course. However we know as decorators we sometimes like to work with our own tools! If this is the case and you would like to bring your own tool kit please ensure it is clearly marked for identification
* A note pad and pen to ensure you catch all of Margie’s hints, tips and vast knowledge
* An apron if you prefer to wear one.
* Tea, coffee, water and a light Lunch is provided on both days. Soft drinks will be available for purchase. (please let us know if you have a pacific dietary requirements
- This is a full 2 day workshop
- Saturday (22nd July) 8:30am to 5pm
- Sunday (23rd July) 8:30am to (depending how the class is progressing)
- This workshop will be run from our Balcatta training centre so please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class
- $695 (including GST) per person and is non-refundable
Workshop policy details can be found here